Godwick Old Hall
Low walls mark the outline of the Old Hall and its walled garden. It may be difficult to imagine now, but this brick building once had a grand central porch and stood three-storeys tall. A map drawn in 1596 and a few surviving photographs suggest it was similar to Rainthorpe Hall, near Long Stratton in south Norfolk.
The Old Hall was built by the Drury family in 1586, whose badges once adorned the entrance hall. It was bought by Sir Edward Coke in 1590 and for around fifty years was the Coke family’s main Norfolk home.
Two corners of the garden wall were once topped with large stone balls. These now rest on the walls leading to the modern main entrance of the Great Barn.