Godwick’s main street linked the village to Whissonsett and Tittleshall. Today it survives as a ‘hollow way’, a broad linear depression up to 7m wide. Its sunken nature could be the result of many years of use and erosion or alternatively it may have been purposefully dug out, perhaps to aid drainage. If archaeologists were to excavate, they might find evidence of a cobbled surface complete with ruts from cart-wheels. The main road was abandoned in 1597 when the Great Barn was built across its line.
Two side roads led south off the main street, both of which survive as linear hollows. The western one was to the west of the church, where it served as the churchyard’s western boundary and led to Sutton (also now a deserted village) The eastern side road linked to Grenstein and Mileham.